Civic Legal is a leading boutique firm in Western Australia which services the commercial, insurance and local government sectors. Our firm is small enough to be responsive, and large enough to tackle substantial legal projects.
Our clients operate in various industries, including construction, insurance, members associations, local government, mining services, financial, property development, manufacturing and strata management. Our experience includes:
- complex property transactions, including broadacre subdivisions, multiple strata, and mixed-use developments;
- large single-lot transactions and associated issues such as easements, restrictive covenants and issuing new titles;
- advocacy in the State Administrative Tribunal, including in strata titles, planning, building, and environmental as well as local government governance matters;
- simple and complex leasing transactions, including extensions, variations, surrenders and assignments;
- private client work, including succession planning, wills, enduring powers of attorney, advanced health directives, guardianship and probate matters;
- alternative dispute resolution, including negotiation and private mediation and arbitrations;
- corporate, commercial, construction and insolvency litigation;
- employment law, including Fair Work Act and Equal Employment Opportunity matters;
- occupational health and safety;
- civil litigation of group or class actions; and
- corporate governance.
Our firm’s philosophy revolves around values such as continuous improvement, excellence, approachability and clarity. We believe in the personal touch even as we process large volumes of matters. We actively review our use of Clear Legal English, to make our advices more user-friendly. And we punch above our weight – we compete with national and international law firms in the service areas we choose.
Having established processes for verifying employee identity is integral to the recruitment process.