Cornejo Méndez González & Duarte
Cornejo Méndez González & Duarte combines global reach with deep local experience in Mexico to provide legal advice to multinational companies around the world.
Our lawyers have the language skills as well as the business and cultural fluency to work with clients in major markets in the Americas and abroad.
We provide solid, practical legal advice with an eye to solving problems, responding quickly and working with clients to develop cost-effective solutions. Our clients include companies across a range of industries, including the following:
• Automotive and Transportation
• Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
• Real Estate and Construction
• Hospitality and Tourism
Besides handling commercial litigation and transactions as well as tax matters, our firm boasts strong practice groups in areas of particular interest to multinationals doing business in Mexico:
• Our International Trade & Customs team advises on all aspects of international and foreign trade, including strategic planning of import and export transactions and identifying business opportunities and compliance challenges in specific markets. We also advise on Mexico’s network of free trade and commercial agreements, determination of duties, customs validation and procedures, and compliance with non-tariff barriers to trade.
• Our Environmental & Natural Resources practice not only advises on the applicability of Mexican environmental laws and regulations, but also assists clients in enforcement actions and hearings before regulatory bodies and in third-party litigation.
• Our Human Resources & Social Security group assists clients in proactive efforts to minimize employment-related risks as well as representing the face of civil actions. We regularly advise on codes of conduct, remuneration schemes, termination policies, and collective bargaining, as well as in matters related to compliance with Mexican Social Security issues.