Energy and Natural Resources
Our members help clients across the spectrum of energy, mining, forestry and other natural resources exploration, development, refining and distribution.
Energy and natural resources drive the global economy. In fact, without energy to drive production and natural resources to create products, there is no economy, whether local, regional, national or international.
Ally Law member firms represent businesses, government entities, and public-private partnerships and consortia across the spectrum of energy and natural resources exploration, development, extraction, refining and distribution. Our clients include upstream, midstream and downstream oil, gas, hydroelectric and renewable energy providers, pipeline owners, utilities, project developers, construction companies, mining companies, vertical holding companies, lenders, local and national governments, and related businesses across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Our member firms’ transactional and regulatory lawyers routinely advise clients whose combined assets, revenues and facilities are valued in the billions of dollars, placing many of them among the largest corporations in their respective countries. We have helped negotiate, document and close numerous multinational, multimillion-dollar energy investment and natural resources development deals, and ensure compliance with national and international regulatory schemes in the United States, the European Union, OPEC+ countries and beyond.
Areas of concentration:
Energy Transactions and Investments
• Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances
• Project development and finance
• Site acquisitions, eminent domain and permitting
• Power and natural gas purchases and sales
• Capital markets and securities
• Disposition and acquisition of oil and gas concessions
• Public-private partnerships
• Foreign-direct investment
• Risk service contracts
• Taxation and tax controversies
• Energy policy and legislation
• Regulatory compliance, including worker safety, environmental, antitrust and other issues
• Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act compliance
• Agency accreditation and licensing matters
Energy Litigation and Arbitration
• Disputes involving energy and power development, sales and transmission
• Construction litigation
• Environmental litigation
• Customer and shareholder disputes
• Representation in courts, tribunals, specialized and arbitral panels, and other proceedings
We recognize that large-scale projects often give rise to additional, related issues. Working with lawyers from across our member firms, we provide coordinated counsel on environmental regulations and compliance; real estate and construction law; labor and employment issues; workplace health and safety; insurance and reinsurance; and government contracting. When domestic and cross-border disputes arise, we draw on the skills of local, experienced litigators to provide effective, solution-focused representation in court and in arbitration and mediation.
For more information about Ally Law’s Energy and Natural Resources services, contact us.
Energy and Natural Resources
Real Property and Construction