On April 6, Brie Leung of Chicago-based member Much, led 23 members from 8 jurisdictions in a discussion about marketing and recruiting best practices.
Ally members’ marketing staff and lawyers heading up marketing within their firms are navigating the “Great Resignation” while continuing to keep the marketing plates spinning. Whether actively recruiting new marketing talent or looking for creative ways to outsource or insource marketing project work, members in this session interactively shared their pain points and what they’ve learned along the way.
Topics covered include:
- Marketing team size; ratio to number of lawyers
- Firm marketing alignment with recruiting
- Making meaningful client connections while working remotely
- Keeping morale high (“stay interviews” + employee surveys)
- Associate recruitment and retention + development in the age of remote work
- Reimagining remote work
- Value of cross-training marketing team and documenting processes
- Credentialing/ratings submission processes
- Outsourcing marketing functions