Does your jurisdiction maintain a list of trusted entities to qualify e-signatures?
Not to our knowledge.
Please provide a quick overview of the law, i.e., types of contracts that qualify for use with e-signature.
• V.A.M.S. 432.210
• 432.210. Scope
• 1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2 of this section, sections 432.200 to 432.295 apply to electronic records and electronic signatures relating to a transaction.
• 2. Sections 432.200 to 432.295 shall not apply to a transaction to the extent it is governed by:
• (1) A law governing the creation and execution of wills, codicils, or testamentary trusts; and
• (2) The uniform commercial code other than sections 400.1-107, 400.1-206, 400.2-101 to 400
What is the legality of e-signatures in your jurisdiction? Are there key exceptions?
432.230. Legal recognition of electronic records, electronic signatures, and electronic contracts
1. A record or signature shall not be denied legal effect or enforceability solely because it is in electronic form.
2. A contract shall not be denied legal effect or enforceability solely because an electronic record was used in its formation.
3. If a law requires a record to be in writing, an electronic record satisfies the law.
4. If a law requires a signature, an electronic sig
What is the e-signature law enforceable in your jurisdiction?
Missouri has adopted the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act as of August 28, 2003. It is found at Missouri Revised Statutes, Title XXVIII, Chapter 432, Sections 432.200-432.295
One Metropolitan Square
211 North Broadway, Suite 2500
St. Louis, MO, USA 63102
Tel +1 314 621 7755