SERVICES / LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
With a network of 350 labor and employment lawyers qualified in 36 jurisdictions and screened for quality and responsiveness, Ally Law is a powerful legal resource for employers. Our geographic breadth compares to labor and employment mega firms and we have experts on the ground where you need them.
Ally Law’s Labor and Employment Group provide strategic employment counsel and litigation services for large corporations in the US and abroad. Our lawyers know the issues facing businesses in today’s employment arena, and they are proactive in communicating the latest developments in labor and employment law. We offer our employment clients a full range of customized, strategic services in the following areas:
- Employment litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Contract drafting, negotiation and review
- Employment policy and procedure documents
- Regulatory compliance
- Management-side labor relations
Counseling and Advice
We regularly advise our clients on all aspects of compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, including:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- State-level antidiscrimination regulations
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
We strongly believe that proactive, preventive actions can significantly reduce the risk of employment claims and litigation. We help employers reduce their risk by advising on:
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Employment and non-compete agreements
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Internal investigations
- Drug-testing policies
- Trade secret and intellectual property protection
- Independent contractor agreements
- Severance and separation agreements
- Litigation avoidance audits, including EEOC, wage and hour, recordkeeping and Safety/Health
- Preparing for government investigations
- Training workshops for management and supervisors in employment law compliance to minimize exposure
- Counseling before, during, and after a reduction-in-force to minimize risk of claims
We also offer periodic seminars for our clients so they can remain current with the ever-changing rules and regulations affecting employers.
Litigation and Administrative Representation
Despite preventative measures, litigation is sometimes unavoidable. When employers face government agency audits, hearings or litigation, our Labor and Employment Group provides aggressive, practical and experienced representation. We work with you to develop a plan that minimizes your cost and risk while maximizing the likelihood of achieving your goals.
We have experience with a wide range of disputes, including:
- Discrimination, retaliation and sexual harassment
- Wrongful discharge
- Wage and hour claims, including overtime, commission, severance, and vacation pay disputes
- Breach of contract
- Class-action claims, including FLSA, age discrimination, Title VII and others
Our Group also has expertise in labor relations. We are committed to providing management with practical business approaches for maintaining a union-free environment while also avoiding interference from regulatory agencies in both union and nonunion settings. Our goal is to enable clients to create an employee relations climate that maximizes productivity, quality and service, and eliminates exposure to the expanding range of employment law liability.
For more information about Ally Law’s Labor and Employment services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.