The Retail Group of Ally Law helps brick-and-mortar superstores, online retailers, and local and regional chains address familiar legal and business challenges and get ahead of developments in the rapidly evolving consumer economy.
We have years of experience advising grocery stores, big-box and discount chains, apparel retailers, home improvement stores, franchisors and franchisees, as well as restaurants, pharmacies, and telecommunications, media and entertainment companies throughout the world. Our lawyers are based in major cities on almost every continent. We understand and take into account the unique opportunities and challenges that arise in an industry challenged equally by local and global forces of supply and demand.
Ally Law includes member firms and individual lawyers recognized by Asialaw, Chambers Asia Pacific, Chambers USA and Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and The Legal 500 Europe, World Tax and IFLR as leading providers and practitioners. We are involved with a broad range of industry and legal organizations relevant to the retail industry, including the International Fiscal Association, the Chamber of Tax Consultants, the National Retail Federation, the Retail Industry Leaders Association, and the Russian-German Chamber of Foreign Trade.
Our advice is as practical as it is innovative, and our service is as responsive as it is thorough. We advise clients in the following areas:
• Acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures
• Advertising and promotions
• Antitrust/competition law
• Branch setup and liquidation
• Franchisor/franchisee relationships
• Commercial contracts and litigation
• Corporate structures and governance
• Data privacy and ecommerce
• Environmental regulatory and compliance
• Fair trade practices
• Intellectual property, branding and licensing
• Labor, employment, employee benefits and executive compensation
• Litigation and dispute resolution
• Product safety
• Real estate sales, lease transactions, land use and zoning
For more information about Ally Law’s retail services, contact us.