Georgiades & Pelides LLC is one of the leading Cypriot law firms, with a broad corporate, banking, commercial, and litigation practice and a distinct international focus.
Our firm’s skills are particularly well suited to international clients with a need for practical and commercial advice combined with swift, specialized, and professional service.
Although we are a full-service firm, notable practices include the following:
- Our Commercial practice handles complex matters involving Cyprus entities. We have particular strength in drafting shareholders’ agreements and agreements related to franchise, agency, and distributorship. Our lawyers also advise on a broad range of intellectual property issues, including copyright, patents, trademarks, information technology, and software licensing.
- Our Corporate Structures and Tax team provides legal advice to companies, banks, international trusts, partnerships, and Cyprus operations of multinationals on regulatory issues as well as the substantial tax advantages and other relief provided by Cyprus double tax treaties.
- Our Corporate Finance practice assists clients with listing on the Cyprus Stock Exchange in compliance with regulatory requirements. We handle corporate finance transactions, including IPO’s, stock exchange flotations, and mergers and acquisitions. We also advise on cross-border mergers and listings of securities of Cyprus companies on overseas stock exchanges in and outside the EU.
- Our Financial Services and Regulatory Work practice assists clients on all aspects of regulatory issues related to providing financial services from and into Cyprus, marketing collective investment vehicles, and dealing in securities.
- Our Banking practice advises on secured commercial lending, project and corporate finance, loan financing, and enforcement and realization of securities. We also advise on the regulatory framework governing banks in Cyprus.
- Our Competition lawyers have extensive experience on the impact of EC and Cyprus competition and regulatory law on takeovers and domestic antitrust issues.
- Our Employment team advises clients on terms and conditions of employment and termination, including severance payments and drafting compromise agreements. We also advise on share options schemes and other incentive-based bonus schemes for employees.
- Our Litigation team assists clients on a broad range of issues. We specialize in litigation involving shareholder disputes, asset tracing, international fraud, banking, economic torts, liquidations, and commercial-related disputes. We also handle insurance claims. We assist clients in taking urgent interim measures to freeze assets and to issue Norwich Pharmacal orders or other orders necessary to protect the interests of clients pending the resolution of their substantive claims.
- Our Oil and Gas practice has a leading role in this sector since inception, advising clients on bidding, negotiation of sharing contracts and licenses, compliance, procurement issues, environmental impact assessment issues, pipelines, and related infrastructure.
Members around the world are recognized in the latest edition of IFLR1000, the leading publication for capital markets, corporate and financial lawyers.