In The Highly Regulated And Extraordinarily Complex Healthcare Sector, Businesses Must Succeed At A Delicate Balancing Act—Providing A Necessary Public Service While Remaining Profitable And In Compliance With A Maze Of Government Regulations. In This Environment, Clients Need Legal Counsel With Deep Experience In Healthcare Law And The Broad Perspective Necessary To Make Informed Strategic Decisions.
The Healthcare Group of Ally Law provides full-service, coordinated legal advice on all aspects of healthcare transactions, regulation and dispute resolution. Our clients run the gamut of industry participants, including hospitals and health systems; academic medical centers; physicians’, dentists’ and medical groups; clinics; laboratories; nursing homes; senior-living centers; long-term care facilities; and pharmaceutical and medical device companies. We also advise financial institutions, investors, municipalities, government departments, not-for-profit organizations, and other entities involved in the development and delivery of healthcare services.
Ally Law’s healthcare team includes member firms throughout North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Our healthcare practices span decades; in fact, one of our U.S. firms was among the first to develop a healthcare practice in California, when the firm’s founders participated in the formation of the California Hospital Association and Blue Cross of Southern California in the 1930s. Another firm has served as general counsel and litigation counsel to the Sarasota County (Florida) Public Hospital District since 1954.
Our individual lawyers are equally accomplished, and include practitioners who have been recognized as leading providers in healthcare law by Best Lawyers in Australia, U.S. News-Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, Nightingale’s Healthcare News and other publications and legal rating agencies. Many of our lawyers hold advanced degrees in medical and health-related disciplines, serve in positions of responsibility on task forces and in governmental organizations such as the Australian Health Professional Regulation Agency, and they are published widely in respected healthcare publications.
We Advise Clients In The Following Areas:
Healthcare Transactions and Finance
- Acquisitions, dispositions, combinations and joint ventures
- Healthcare unwindings
- Real estate sales and lease transactions
- Project development, lending and financing, including public-private partnerships
- Fundraising and charitable giving
- Construction and commercial agreements
- Intellectual property ownership and research commercialization
- Information technology and data privacy
- Labor, employment and workplace relations
- Physician contracts and non-disclosure agreements
Healthcare Regulation and Governance
- Public and administrative law
- Corporate and clinical governance
- Compliance with data security and patient health information privacy laws
- Fraud and abuse regulation and Stark laws
- Physician licensing
Healthcare Disputes and Litigation
- Internal investigations
- Responses to agency inquiries and law-enforcement action
- False Claims Act violation
- Insurance disputes