Berliner Cohen LLP has five decades of history serving the business and regulatory needs of private companies and public agencies in San Jose.
Our clients include a number of Silicon Valley’s largest national and multinational corporations and other large US business interests as well as new ventures, leading real estate developers and brokerages, cutting-edge technology companies, healthcare and other service providers, banking and financial institutions, public agencies, local government, and individuals. In response to rapid economic growth over the past decade in the San Joaquin Valley, in recent years, we opened offices in Merced and Modesto.
The hallmark of our client service is responsiveness. We return phone calls quickly, meet deadlines, and provide frequent updates during a matter. Our clients are based in California and across the nation, and they rely on our deep understanding of local issues as well as state and federal laws affecting their daily business decisions. Our lawyers take a practical approach and develop long-term, strategic partnerships with clients, combining innovative thinking and resourcefulness to solve current problems and prevent future legal obstacles.
Our firm boasts a number of leading practice groups:
- Over the past 40 years, our real estate practice has handled thousands of projects for clients, including Silicon Valley’s largest and most active commercial and housing developers, major technology companies, and multinational corporations. We counsel in development, financing, and leasing.
- Our corporate department frequently serves as a full-service outsourced legal department for clients ranging from startups to mature commercial enterprises.
- Our tax group supports transactions and business planning and routinely handles tax controversy matters at federal, state, and local levels.
- Our commercial litigation attorneys are vigorous trial attorneys skilled in managing complex, high-stakes litigation from start to finish, including the appellate phase.
- Our environmental practice advises real estate developers about contaminated property and on regulatory issues related to air and water quality and endangered species. We also have deep experience assisting clients in navigating California’s continually evolving land-use regulations.
- Our employment practice assists with codes of conduct as well as with hiring, leaves of absence, reductions in force, and restrictive covenants.
Fourteen Firms Named Best Law Firms in America 2021
How to Provide Equal Access for Service Animals
Restaurants must allow access to customers accompanied by service animals trained to assist disabled persons, regardless of any conflicting health regulations, local ordinances or internal policies.