Thynne + Macartney is a proudly independent, commercially-focused, Queensland-based law firm founded in 1893.
For more than one hundred years, we have accumulated experience and expertise across generations of Queensland lawyers.
We believe in taking the time to understand each individual situation and the challenges you face. As a testament to this, we have client relationships that span multiple generations, and practice groups in the firm have maintained relationships with some clients for more than 90 years.
Although we are based primarily in Brisbane, we have served the wider Queensland community since our foundation, and we regularly visit regional centers such as Roma, Emerald, Longreach, Charleville, and Rockhampton on our Visited Office Program, offering legal services from Brisbane to the west and across northern Australia. As part of our Shipping & Transport practice, we also regularly visit the booming ports of central and northern Queensland.
We have collectively represented some of Australia’s most successful businesses. It’s time you put our skills and experience to work for you.
Our specialist practices include the following:
- Agribusiness – We act for more than 1,200 corporations and families operating in rural Australia.
- Commercial Law – Our clients range from public companies to small and medium businesses.
- Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution – We act for a range of businesses and professions, including manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, landlords, and developers.
- Construction Law – We have expertise at both the front and back ends of construction projects.
- Employment Law – We advise on all stages of and aspects of employment and industrial relations.
- Family Law – We act for a variety of individuals with different needs including, clients with complex business and property structures and those with smaller property pools.
- Insolvency – We provide legal support to insolvency practitioners and clients whose businesses face solvency issues.
- Maritime & Transport – Our clients include shipowners and charterers, ship managers and agents, transport companies, repairers, and industry professionals.
- Planning & Environment – We act for property developers, land owners, infrastructure providers, local government, and agricultural businesses.
- Professional Indemnity & Risk Management – We partner with insurers, underwriters, syndicates, and claims managers.
- Property Law – We act for individuals, property developers, landowners, public companies, foreign and private companies, religious institutions, body corporates, and retirement village operators.
- Religious & Charitable – We advise not-for-profit clients on property, commercial, and corporate matters as well as in dispute resolution.
We have the individual expertise and supporting team to guide you to a solution that will help you meet your goals.
Whatever your challenges, we’re with you.
For more information about Thynne + Macartney, contact:
+61 7 3231 8888
+61 7 3231 8888
+61 7 3231 8829
Level 32, Riverside Centre
123 Eagle Street
Brisbane, Qld, Australia 4000
GPO Box 245 Brisbane Q 4001
Tel: +61 7 3231 8888
Level 1, Moresby Haus
4 Scott Street
PO Box 5701
Cairns Q, Australia 4870
Tel: +61 7 4031 2711 (24 hours)
PAPUA NEW GUINEA
1st Floor, Investwell Building
(off Cameron Rd) Gordons
Commercial Estate Gordons NCD
PO Box 698
Port Moresby NCD 121
Tel: +675 311 2311 (24 hours)