Kornfeld LLP is a focused boutique firm serving real estate developers, entrepreneurs, and commercial lenders and borrowers.
Our lawyers offer the experience, legal knowledge, and reputation found in a large firm, delivering sound and practical counsel in a straightforward, highly personalized style.
We are a full-service law firm, delivering superior results to both local clients and companies with business interests in British Columbia. Our notable practices include the following:
• Our Real Estate practice has advised developers, buyers and sellers, and landlords and tenants of commercial real estate in British Columbia since the firm’s inception. We have worked with a number of Canada’s premier real estate developers and commercial property owners, including the country’s largest real estate investment trust, advising throughout development.
• Our Business Acquisitions & Divestitures team works with a broad range of industries, including financial and professional services, real estate, and manufacturing, supporting clients as they develop and acquire new businesses or seek to shed assets favorably. We handle financing arrangements as well as shareholder and partnership agreements and contracts related to assets, including equipment, technology, and intellectual property.
• Our Financial Transactions practice provides prompt and efficient advice related to all financial transactions. We work across provincial and international borders to assist institutional and private equity clients with commercial lending. Our lawyers also determine strategies around creating and implementing appropriate security to minimize risk, third-party collateral arrangements, as well as workouts and financial restructuring.
• Our Corporate Governance group regularly advises on duties of disclosure to shareholders and other stakeholders as well as directors’ conflicts of interest. We also manage complete maintenance of corporate records in keeping with federal and provincial statutes and regulations.
• Our Litigation and ADR team is composed of experienced trial lawyers who provide aggressive, efficient, and principled dispute resolution, whether in the courtroom, in arbitration, or across the negotiating table. We represent clients in industries ranging from real estate development to financial institutions to professional services companies.
• The Labor & Employment group helps employers and employees in unionized and non-unionized working environments to solve problems and to offer proactive solutions. Our lawyers frequently appear on behalf of clients before the BC Labour Relations Board.
All four of our Canadian member firms, including 60 individual lawyers, have been listed in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada.