Blum & Grob is in the heart of Zurich. We serve clients not only in business litigation and in general corporate, employment, and tax law, but also in sophisticated practices, including aviation, asset finance, and sports law. Additionally, we counsel on the unique regulatory issues related to the Swiss banking and financial industries.
Our clients are based in Switzerland and around the world and include multinationals, medium-sized companies, startups, and private individuals. We advise in all commercial law and we are especially adept in helping clients manage organizational change, navigate complex transactions, and effectively pursue their interests in disputes. Our attorneys think and act entrepreneurially, offer pragmatic solutions, communicate clearly and often, and they are distinctly cost-conscious.
Our most notable practices include leading lawyers who counsel clients as follows:
- Thanks to the many years of experience of our Private Clients team, including inheritance and family law specialists, tax experts and corporate attorneys, we offer pragmatic legal inheritance and succession solutions and a faultless execution of estates. We draft marriage and inheritance contracts, write wills and help protect assets (asset protection). We undertake the foundation of trusts and companies and, by request, supervise and manage them.
- Our Corporate and Commercial Law team provides advisory services to small family businesses as well as to listed corporations, associations, and foundations. Our services include the incorporation of companies, as well as ongoing support to companies in all corporate matters. We further assist clients in the preparing, executing and settling transactions both in Switzerland and abroad. This includes advice on purchasing and ordering, resolving issues about contracted work, as well as in drafting and negotiating national and cross-border contracts, including distribution, agency, joint venture and franchise agreements.
- Our Capital Markets team advises issuers, investment banks and investors on all legal aspects of raising capital publicly and supports them particularly in due diligence, in the preparation of offers and listing of prospectuses, in the drafting of contractual documentation, and in public takeovers. Blum&Grob is recognized as an issuer representative by the SIX Swiss Exchange. We also advise listed companies on matters of compliance in corporate governance, ad hoc publicity, disclosure and reporting requirements. In addition, we represent them in stock exchange sanction proceedings, assist in possible delistings and support them in takeover situations. We are also specialists in structuring private placements and “club deals,” and in listing derivatives and structured products.
- Our Financial Services and Regulatory practice counsels Swiss banks, securities dealers, asset and fund managers, insurance companies, pension funds, leasing companies, and other financial services providers in contractual and regulatory matters. We draft applications to the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and represent clients before regulatory authorities and state courts, supporting them on issues of compliance and appropriate internal investigations.
- Our Aviation practice assists airlines, business jet operators, international corporations and high-net-worth individuals in the financing, purchase, and sale of all aircraft, particularly focusing on tax optimization. We also support our clients in matters related to public aviation law—for example, obtaining operating licenses and maintaining compliance with air traffic rights.
- Experienced and competent, committed and tactically adept, our Litigation and Arbitration specialists advise and represent clients in civil proceedings before state courts, up to and including the Swiss Federal Supreme Court, in commercial law. We also represent clients in arbitration as well as acting as arbitrators ourselves. We have extensive experience in managing complex proceedings before state courts and arbitral tribunals, and in applying the differing rules of arbitration, such as those of the ICC, Swiss Chambers of Commerce, AAA and Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).
- Our White-Collar Crime and Compliance practice advises Swiss and foreign private individuals and corporations in cases of alleged economic offenses, including fraud, embezzlement, misappropriation, money laundering, unfaithful management, economic espionage, corruption, insider trading, and stock market offenses. Our lawyers have particular experience in international matters in connection with extradition proceedings, freezing of accounts, asset seizure, demands for the handover of records, and hearings before authorities.
- Our IP/IT team represents companies in all intellectual property protection and unfair competition law. In particular, we assist clients with the worldwide registration of trademarks, brand management and brand monitoring, as well as developing intellectual property strategies and enforcement of associated rights. Our other key areas of expertise include advice on copyright, design and domain names, as well as drafting related contracts, such as licensing and development agreements. A final core area of our activity is in software protection and generally in the law governing new technologies, including E-commerce and data protection issues.
The timely and structured approach to the new data protection law and the correct handling of personal data is a worthwhile investment in the future.
The use of cloud-based solutions continues to grow. The Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is in force and the Data Protection Act (DSG) is being completely revised.