De Metz has been ahead of the curve since its inception in 1997. An early niche firm, its founders took their entrepreneurial spirit to leave one of the oldest and largest law firms in the Netherlands to provide client service and collegial atmosphere only be found in a boutique setting.
We counsel to banks, private equity firms, large Dutch and foreign companies, and individuals on a broad variety of commercial matters, including transactions, contracts, corporate governance, finance, insolvency, employment law, and dispute resolution.
Our key practice areas support clients as follows:
• Our Corporate Practice advises on national and international transactions, including mergers, joint ventures, restructurings, and divestments. We handle the legal aspects of the complete lifecycle of a deal, including due diligence, contract negotiations, and the implementation of post-closing integration actions. We also advise on all aspects of corporate governance, including shareholder agreements, corporate resolutions, and commercial contracts.
• Our Banking and Finance Practice team advises banks and corporations on drafting documentation for syndicated credit facilities, financial restructuring, asset securitization, sale and leaseback financing, and operational and financial leases. We also work with clients in the private equity and venture capital sectors in direct participation in deals as well as leveraged, cross-border deals and in exit strategies.
• Our Insolvency Practice advises on a broad range of issues related to companies in financial distress, including advice to creditors, director liability, foreclosure of securities and assets, and post-bankruptcy relaunch.
• Our Employment Law Practice handles human resource issues for employers and employees in mergers and acquisitions as well as company reorganizations and collective bargaining agreements.
• Our Dispute Resolution Practice offers deep experience in a variety of corporate disputes ranging from shareholder and post-merger conflicts to litigation about statutory duties of care related to securities. We represent clients in Dutch courts and before the Dutch Enterprise Chamber, as well as in domestic arbitrations before the Netherlands Arbitration Institute and international arbitrations before the International Court of Arbitration.
For more information about De Metz, contact:
+31 20 305 36 36
+31 20 305 36 36
De Metz Advocaten
Paulus Potterstraat 38
1071 DB Amsterdam
Tel +31 20 305 36 36