R&P China Lawyers
With headquarters in Shanghai and additional offices in Beijing, R&P China Lawyers is a full-service law firm that supports international companies with business interests in the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
We serve foreign businesses with a presence in China, sourcing from China, or with disputes (e.g., litigation, arbitration) with Chinese companies throughout the country. With Ally Law, we advise our clients and protect their interests at all times.
R&P is a foreign-oriented Chinese law firm, which makes it unique among law firms in China. Our teams of lawyers and consultants combine in-depth legal acumen and broad experience of the Chinese business environment with a keen understanding of our clients. Our professionals take a transparent and personal approach and address your legal issues efficiently and effectively.
Our core practice areas include the following:
• Corporate/M&A and investment, including company establishment, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and exit strategies
• Dispute resolution, including litigation, domestic and international arbitration, and administrative/regulatory disputes
• Compliance, including compliance systems and training, investigations, commercial bribery, FCPA
• Intellectual property, including acquisition and portfolio work, enforcement through Administration of Industry and Commerce (AIC) actions or civil lawsuits, and Customs enforcement
•Employment, including contracts and staff handbooks, transfers and employment termination disputes
• Commercial transactions and international trade, including negotiations, sale and purchase, agency, distribution, cooperation and related agreements
• Tax, foreign exchange market (forex) and customs, including advisory, negotiations and enforcement
• Private client services, including fraud, white-collar crime, private disputes, and China exit restrictions
Our firm and individual lawyers have been recognized for their excellence by Legal 500, Chambers and Partners, Asialaw Profiles, Asialaw Leading Lawyers, China Law & Practice, Shanghai Bar Association, Asian Legal Business and IFLR1000
Best Practices for Conducting Internal Investigations
Tim and Qiao share best practices on conducting internal investigations, including several case studies, as well as how lawyers and forensic accountants work together for clients in the investigations process.
In recent weeks, Shanghai’s market supervision bureau (AMR) announced that it has penalized one of China’s leading domestic dairy companies, Bright Dairy & Food Co., Ltd., for an advertisement video on its website that did not show China’s “complete and correct territory” of China.